- Alcoholic Beverage Licenses
- Transfers, Licensee / License Rep Changes
Transfers, Licensee / License Rep Changes
Businesses who hold a current Alcoholic Beverage License are responsible for maintaining the licensee, license representative, optional per ordinance change on January 25, 2022, and location information on file with the City of Newnan. Please complete an Alcohol License Application (DOCX) and submit it to the City of Newnan whenever any of the changes listed above occur. The fee is indicated on the form. Please email the City's Licensing Specialist if you require additional assistance or have questions. On this page, there is the section of the City of Newnan Code of Ordinances that pertains to license transfers, licensee, or license representative changes.
Section 3-46. - License transfers, change licensee, or license representative or relocation of the business.
(a) Retail alcoholic beverage licenses may be transferred from one owner to another with the approval of the city council provided;
(1) The business has existed at the same location and licenses have not been transferred for more than one year.
(2) All existing alcoholic beverage licenses issued to the existing owner for that location shall be transferred;
(3) All provisions of section 3-33 of this chapter shall be completed by the new owner except for subparagraph (1) provided such information was previously supplied by the previous owner or previous owners and has not changed.
(4) A transfer fee in the amount of $100 is paid to the city clerk upon the filing of the request.
(b) (1) All requests for a change in a licensee or license representative must be approved by the city council and shall provide all appropriate information or supporting documents required under sections 3-32 and 3-33 of this chapter as outlined in an approved form to be supplied by the city clerk for that purpose.
(2) A fee in the amount of $100 is to be paid to the city clerk upon the filing of the request.
(c) So long as there is no change in ownership, a temporary license representative may be appointed by the licensee for a period not to exceed 30 days, subject to the following conditions:
(1) That temporary license representative makes an application by providing all appropriate information or supporting documents required under sections 3-32 and 3-33 of this chapter as outlined in an approved form to be supplied by the city clerk for this purpose;
(2) That application is approved by the city clerk prior to the issuance of an amended license;
(3) There shall be no residence requirement for a temporary license representative; and
(4) There shall be no extension of the 30-day period of operation for any temporary license representative, without approval of council.
(5) No fee shall be required at the time of filing the application for a temporary license representative provided that within ten calendar days a request for a change in the licensing representative is filed in accordance with section 3-46(b) herein.
(d) All business relocations must be approved by city council and the licensee and license representative shall provide all appropriate information and supporting documents as required under sections 3-32 and 3-33 of this chapter. Requirements of section 3-40 relating to advertising and posting must be met. Additional license fees shall not be required provided there is no change in the named licensee or license representative.
(e) Any violation of this section shall constitute due cause for probation, suspension or revocation of the license or licenses granted by the council.