Water Conservation Tips
- Only water plants when necessary. More plants die from over-watering than from under-watering.
- Water the root zone of the plant instead of the foliage. This saves water and reduces diseases.
- Reduce the amount of lawn in your yard by planting shrubs and ground covers well-adapted to our region.
- Adjust sprinklers so only your lawn is watered and not the house, sidewalk, or street.
Find more conservation tips at the MyDropCounts website.
What's Not Allowed
- Washing streets, gutters, sidewalks, and driveways.
- Ornamental uses, such as fountains and waterfalls.
- Washing vehicles (cars, boats, etc.) at home.
- Non-commercial washing or pressure washing.
- Charity, or non-commercial fund-raiser, car washes.
View the My Drop Counts Take the Pledge website.