The Newnan Police Department's Traffic Unit includes one (1) Traffic Lieutenant, one (1) Traffic Corporal, and three (3) Traffic Officers.
Traffic Unit Responsibilities
- Visible Patrol
- Enforce local and state traffic laws
- Respond to citizen complaints regarding traffic issues
- Investigate traffic accidents
- Assist with parades and all special events requiring roadway closures
- On call 24 hour for all serious injury or fatality traffic accidents
Accident reports are generally available within three to five business days. Please contact the Municipal Court Clerk’s Office at 770-253-1226 if you need information regarding an accident report.
Traffic Citations Are Paid to the Municipal Court. Learn how to pay here.
This unit is overseen by Lieutenant Lane Yearta